Thursday 10 November 2016

OOPS I made a mistake, correction right now



I have a confession to make, I dont use patterns.  As an artist crochet is just one tool for me, just like a different brush is for a painter so I just do it and invent as I go.

So I crochet a background and a flower, for several years in fact - when it comes to writing it down I check with a friend or two, look  up a book and go for it.  This time the friends  and I all slipped up and to top it off  I looked at the right stitch in the book and wrote down the wrong label. OOps.  However, we may have a discovered a different looking flower in the process so like lot of slip ups it might just turn out to be be great.

Its not major,   For the background it will be fine, just it will use more yarn, take more time,  and might be a bit narrow - but thats easily fixed if needed with the later addition of a stripe - could be really interesting..... 

So this is what it should look like if its treble...




   I wrote d.c. on the pattern.  Today I'll have a go at it that way and see what that looks like.  If you have already done some or all in d.c.  then thats great, its more than  useable - its one more piece of our stretchy yarnbomb jigsaw.   The flowers will be dahlias  instead of peonies or whatever we wish to think of them as.  Variety is great, just as in any garden.  The finer texture on the background for the post will look lovely.

Simply so we dont use up too much yarn(budgetry reasons) or your time I'd prefer if from now on the background was done in tr. do NOT unpick what you have done already. STRESS is forbidden!  This is meant to be FUN

For the flower, well, have a play and see what you would like to do. You can also play with stripes or graduated colour in the petal area.  More on variations later...

Now to get some corrections printed and run out and correct the kits already out there in the bins for pick up.............











No comments:

Post a Comment