Saturday 26 November 2016

The deadline is extended and the yarning goes on.....

Sooo exciting - more and more knitting and crochet is rolling in.  The project is proving soooooo popular we have decided to extend the deadline to January 31st.  I've just been out to buy some more yarn for you so, my lovely and amazing knitters and crocheters, you will have all December and all the school holidays.  

I cant tell you just how exciting it is and how grateful I am for all your wonderful contributions.

If you imagine my design (see my post of October 24) to be a huge drawing all you people are my Faber- Castell, Derwents, Staedtler and Arches rolled into one.  You are creating  the materials needed for  






  Thank you to all the wonderful people at Araluen Centre Diamond Creek who helped me get started on these last two wraps.  I am so very much looking forward to your help getting at least two more wraps started in December.

This weekend is Nillumbik Artists Open Studios.  I have put the three Pole wraps up at two studios in the Bend of Islands. So come and visit Tread Sculptures - you've just got to see how wonderfully and unexpectedly,  sculpture can enhance an outdoor setting ( Not to mention a pole wrap on a tree).  You've just got to walk his sculpture track and enjoy some stillness by the river. 



And then, in front of Creek House Studios,






Inside you'll discover the wonderful prints. paintings and more by Syd Tunn and Ona Henderson. 

 You'll have a lovely  time at both studios who offer an amazing experience for the visitor.

Just for fun, a blast from the past I couldnt resist leaving outside the studio a checkerboard .


 This was an interactive piece from an exhibition called "Who Needs Permission" where, collaborating with fellow artist Margaret Summerton,  we  indulged in  a yarnbombing spree in a gallery space.

Who says work isnt fun!









No comments:

Post a Comment